For the purpose of convenient communication between members, the new post notifications function is turned on by default. All members will receive an instant email notification sent from system automatically when there are new posts added to his/her thread.

It seems that the user must subscribe the thread first before the user can receive the new post notificatioin sent from the system automatically. So by default all members turn on the subscribing function after registration.

If members do not want to the new post notifications function you can turn off this function in your user control panel as shown below.

"Your control panel">"Settings and options">"Edit options">"Messaging & Notification">"Default Thread Subscription Mode" (When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.)

And the final setting option is "Default Thread Subscription Mode:". There are
five alternatives. Just choose the alternative you want.

Please use the information which this picture below shows, thank you.

1. Do not subscribe
2. No email notification
3. Instant email notification
4. Daily email notification
5. Weely email notification

Due to this upgrading, the way to set the new post notification has changed a bit.

Now if members do not want to the new post notifications function you can turn off this function in your user control panel as shown below.

At the top right corner click "Settings">"My Settings">"My Account">"General Settings">"Messaging & Notification">"Default Thread Subscription Mode"

As similar as in the vBulletin 3.8.2 version you have five choice:

1. Do not subscribe
  2. Through my control panel only
  3. Instantly using email
  4. Daily, using email
  5. Weekly, using email

How to turn off the new post notifications function-subscription-jpg

For further information please contact the administrator.